Introduction

Welcome to the Gathering

"In our gathering life comes to know itself.
In our activities life creates itself.
In our singing life praises itself,
In our dancing life celebrates itself.
In our silence life speaks to us.
In our presence spirit comes to us.
In our prayers we create the future.
in our longing for holiness we become holy.
Seeking mysteries, mysteries creep up behind us." - Peter Adams

Thursday 1 December 2011

Meeting 13th November

The theme was "Trust", and as it was Remembrance Sunday we also built remembrance into our theme.

We sang,
Good friends when gathered together
Sing for the joy of singing,
No matter what the weather
Good friends are happy together.

Then Neesa and Eve led us in another song written by Peter to the tune of a Starhawk chant:
Freedom comes with every chain we break,
Life's reborn with every chance we take;
The future starts with every step we take,
Energy comes from every change we make.


Peter read a poem by Pablo Neruda, "Keeping Quiet" which led us into a period of silence, followed by another poem read by our guest Kevan Manwaring, "Eden Rock" by Charles Causley.
Neesa led us in two dances:

Into the Earth I go,
Into the Earth I know.
Into the Earth I go,
Into the Earth I know.
Take my hand, sister, take my hand.
Take my hand, sister, take my hand.
Take my hand, brother, take my hand.
Take my hand, brother, take my hand.


Into the silence of the night,
Into the silence of the moon,
I am making my dreams come true.

Then Cynthia led us in an exercise of laughter, and finally Jehanne and Rob sang two songs for us.


The next meeting will be 11th December; note the different location, the Centre for Science and Art on Lansdown, opposite Stroud Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment